Best Finger Haldi in Odisha – ‘KandhamalHaldi’ – Its Health Benefits
Best finger turmeric or best finger Haldi is part of every Indian house, whether, for a religious purpose, beauty, health, or cooking, Haldi plays an important role in our daily life. Our ancestors have recognized its benefits a long time ago and made it a part and parcel of our culture and life. In the state of Odisha, the best quality Haldi is grown in Kandhamal District and is full of health benefits.
In Odisha Since time immemorial, the golden yellow spice Haldis named after the district where it is grown, (KandhamalHaldi) place where it is cultivated and is known for its medicinal value. The main cash crop of the tribal people in Kandhamal is turmeric. Turmeric is also used for cosmetic and medical purposes, apart from domestic use, the crop is viable in unfavorable climatic conditions, Kandhamal Haldi has also earned GI Tag.
It also has health advantages and addresses several health issues. It is known for its antioxidant, anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and anti-inflammatory properties. Most of the advantages are due to the presence of a compound called curcumin in Haldi. Kandhamal in Odisha’s southern hinterland is renowned for its turmeric, a spice that enjoys its pride of place in an array of cuisines. The agricultural commodity also stands out for its soothing properties and arresting aroma.
- For those people who are suffering from digestive disorders, Haldi is a boon, if consumed raw it helps in digestion The major components of the spice stimulate the gallbladder to produce bile, instantly making the digestive system more effective. It is also known to alleviate symptoms of bloating and gas.
- There is another powerful compound present in turmeric, aromatic turmerone or ar-turmerone. Research has shown that this compound facilitates repair in the stem cells of the brain – the same stem cells that can aid in the recovery from neurodegenerative diseases like stroke and Alzheimer’s. Studies also indicate that curcumin can help to improve memory in Alzheimer’s patients.
- Turmeric’s anti-inflammatory effects have been instrumental in treating osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. The antioxidant also kills the free radicals in the body that kill the cells. Anybody suffering from the condition should eat the spice daily to relieve themselves of mild joint pains and inflammation
- Turmeric’s anti-inflammatory properties have been instrumental in treating osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. The antioxidant also destroys the free radicals in the body that destroy the cells. Anybody suffering from the condition should consume the spice daily to relieve themselves of moderate joint pains and inflammation.
- The anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects of curcumin have been found to postpone the development of Type 2 Diabetes in people with pre-diabetes. It further helps moderate insulin levels and improves the impact of drugs that treat diabetes.
- Lipopolysaccharide – a compound in turmeric with anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal agents helps activate the human immune system. Take a teaspoon of the spice powder in a glass of warm milk every day and you’ll see it work well as it decreases the risk of catching the flu.
- Turmeric is known to increase the development of the essential enzymes that detoxify our blood in the liver by breaking down and reducing the toxins. By enhancing blood circulation too, turmeric is instrumental in promoting good liver health.
In Ayurvedic medicine, turmeric is a well-documented cure for various respiratory diseases like asthma, bronchial hyperactivity, and allergy, as well as for liver disorders, anorexia, rheumatism, diabetic wounds, runny nose, cough, and sinusitis. Arogyaus brings you the best quality organic finger Haldi and Haldi powder, but if you want to use it for the medicinal purpose it is always best to seek advice from a doctor at Arogyaus, as to how, when and in what quantity you should use it depending on your health condition.